You know when you just want a little sweet hit in the afternoon with a cup of tea or a little nom nom after dinner?
Well thats what these guys are good for.
They totally satisfy a sweet craving and yet they are still super healthy, depending what you make them with of course.
There are hundreds of recipes and combos for these bite size beauties with some much healthier than others, but while Corey and I were in the development kitchen trying out all kind of crazy things for our new product range we stumbled across this really different flavour of Energy Balls.
NOTE :: If you like liquorice then this is definitely for you. However if it’s not your thing please feel free to substitute the ground fennel seeds for 2T of cacao powder for a chocolate hit.
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pepitas
- ½ cup desiccated coconut + an extra 2 T for rolling afterwards
- 2 T ground chia seeds
- 1 level T linseeds
- ½ tsp ground fennel seeds (go easy on the fennel at first and add more at the end if its not licorice enough for you)
- 8 fresh pitted medjool dates
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a food processor and process on high for 1 minutes
- With the motor running add the dates one by one until the mixture starts to come together.
- Switch off the processor and remove the blade and using your hands take about a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into balls
- Roll the balls in desicated coconut
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Makes: 12 balls