Gooey, chocolatey magic.
I have been dreaming about a giant cookie … hello preggie cravings and this hit the spot like no ones business.
You definitely want about 8 people to share this with though because once you taste it, it will be hard to stop and it will send you into a sugar induced coma.
I would recommend using a cast iron skillet that can go in the oven – a normal pan just won’t cut it.
Have fun making it and remember to share/savour/enjoy.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 cup mixed white and milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl and set aside.
- Using a hand held electric beater, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla paste and mix until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to a skillet pan and press it into the base.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes then remove it from the oven and allow to cool slightly on a wire rack before slicing into 8 wedges and serving with ice-cream and chocolate sauce.