Having friends over for tea this weekend? Try these little beauties, but be warned they are slightly ADDICTIVE. I may or may not have eaten three in a row… while trying to photograph them.
Super soft, super moist and the passionfruit gives a much needed tang.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar
- ⅔ cup (80g) almond meal
- ⅓ cup ( 50g) gluten free cake flour
- 125g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- Passionfruit glace
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 1T melted butter
- pulp of 2 passionfruit
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a 12 hole bundt pan ( you can use a muffin pan as well)
- Whisk the egg whites in a medium bowl until just combined. Add sifted almond meal,gluten free flour, icing sugar, butter and rind. Whisk until just combined then divide the mixture evenly among pan holes.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, then turn out onto a cooling rack.
- To make the glace, mix all the ingredients together then spoon over the cooled cakes and serve.