Aussie summer + being 32 weeks pregnant = one hot preggie lady and this week has been a scorcher.
I am getting by with aircon, fans and lots of refreshing, hydrating drinks.
(Remind me to plan the next one so I’m not waddling around in the height of summer with just 2 pairs of soft pants that fit me.)
I don’t normally drink much other than water and occasionally soda water and freshly squeezed lime juice and when I’m not pregnant – wine, but the other day I went to meet a friend for lunch and by the time I had left the cool air conditioned cocoon of my car and walked the 2 blocks to the restaurant I was melting!!
It was a healthy, vegetarian restaurant and they had some killer mocktails on the menu so I ordered a Raspberry Kombucha Fizz and… Oh My!
That bubbling burst of sweet tanginess in my mouth was possibly the most refreshing thing I have ever had. I couldn’t speak for a full 2 minutes while I savored every sip.
Now I’m looking forward to the festive season without my trusty sidekick..vino because sipping on a tangy, fizzy alcohol free beverage is as good as a chilled glass of sav blanc, if not better.
I’m sure I’m going to come up with some more tasty combos as we head into the silly season, but for now here is a recipe I was sipping all day yesterday and I have a good feeling you are going to love it.
Got any more cool combos I should try? Let me know in the comments below.
- ½ cup grapefuit juice
- 3 Tbls lime juice
- 1 Tbls honey
- 9 canned lychees
- 500ml (2 cups) soda water
- mint leaves and flowers to garnish
- Combine the grapefruit juice, lime juice and honey in a cocktail shaker and stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Add 5 canned lychees and using a muddling stick, muddle the lychees.
- Add the soda water and using the strainer, pour into 4 champagne glasses.
- Garnish with the remaining lychees, mint leaves and flowers.