I’m so excited to announce my next food photography workshop at BSKT on the Gold Coast: Mastering Manual Mode and Light.
If there’s one thing I know its that the way you use light can make or break a food photo and I really want you to know how to master light so that when you come to do a food shoot for your blog, Instagram or for your business, you don’t just pop your camera on auto and hope for the best; you know exactly what you’re looking for to find great light and you know how to use the light to best show off the food you’re shooting.
Date: 15 April 2016
Venue: Upstairs at BSKT cafe, 4 Lavarack Rd, Mermaid Beach, Gold Coast
Time: 9.45am – 3.30pm
Cost: $300 incl GST and includes all materials, coffee/tea, lunch and refreshments and lots of pretty food to photograph.
We’ll cover other aspects of styling as well, but at the end of this 1 day intensive workshop you’ll be able to:
- Use the manual settings on your camera like a pro.
- Understand how light works and just how you can use it to enhance your food photos and create ambience and narrative
- Find the best light in your house and produce great photos every time.
- Know the difference between hard and soft light and how it can transform your images
- Use directional light and understand why it is crucial to photos that have depth and draw the viewer in.
- Master simple techniques to be able to use any light you have available, good or bad.
- I’ll also show you my $20 lighting set set that I use most of the time to create my light and bright images
- We’ll also explore a basic artificial lighting set up that has saved me so many times when I have to shoot at night.
This is a HANDS ON workshop. So bring your DSLR cameras and lots of space on your memory cards – You will be taking lots of photos!!
This workshop is for you if:
- You have a DSLR camera, but you use the auto settings and you want to learn how to take photos like a pro.
- You’re a blogger, wellness coach, food business owner and you want to learn how to take food photos that connect with your audience
- You’ve been taking photos of food of a little while and you’re frustrated because they just aren’t getting better
- You want to fast track your way to quality food photos.
This workshop is not for you if:
- You consider yourself an intermediate food photographer.
I’m so excited to welcome you.