I love this smokey beetroot dip. It’s as easy to make as hummus ( just takes a little longer to roast the beetroots) and it’s great to keep in the fridge to have with carrot sticks or crackers in the afternoon when the 3 o’clock munchies hit.
The smoked paprika really gives a beautiful smoky, rich flavor and the lemon juice cuts through the richness of the roasted beetroots.
You can store it in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 6 days.
- 3 medium beetroots
- 1 Tbls olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 level Tbls smoked paprika
- 2 Tbls chopped dill
- 1 Tbls pumpkin seeds
- small handful of sprouts to garnish
- crumbled feta to serve ( optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Wash the beetroot, then cut into quarters and toss in the olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper and roast in the oven on a lined baking sheet for 40 minutes or until tender.
- When the beetroots are done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool
- Combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and paprika in a food processor. Add the beets when they are cool enough.
- Process until smooth.
- Garnish with dill, sprouts, pumpkin seeds and feta and serve with carrot sticks or crackers.