Remember my mild obsession with quinoa? Well I have a great recipe for you today. These patties make a delicious, filling but light lunch. They are also great for lunchboxes and we all know how difficult it can be to conjure up goodies for lunchboxes when you avoid grains right?.
I served these guys with tzatziki and my capsicum humus (recipe here). You can serve them with normal humus or any dip really. Add a side salad and you have a great summers dinner as well.
You can omit the kale or use spinach in its place however this is one awesome way to bump up your goodness intake.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 T ground Linseeds (+2T for dusting)
- 3 whole eggs + 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan
- zest of 1 lemon
- 4 stalks of kale
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 T coconut oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 180C
- Roughly pick the leaves of kale off the stalks and place in a bowl of boiling water for 30s then drain well.
- In a large bowl combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide the mixture in thirds then halve each third so you have 6 even balls.
- Mold each ball into a pattie shape with your hands.
- Coast each side of each pattie in ground linseeds.
- Heat a pan until hot then add 2 T coconut oil.
- Fry each pattie until browned on each side then bake in the oven for 20 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges, tzatziki, humus or any dip you choose.