Need easy meal ideas for busy Mondays? Done.
Try these Prawn Tacos. I love the intense flavor these little parcels pack and the tactile messiness of eating them with your hands.
* You can use the packet stuff that comes with the taco shells but they are often full of added nasties and making your own is easy as and really satisfying. You can make up a big batch and keep it to use on everything from grilled veggies to steak. I use this seasoning when I feel a savory dish just needs something and it works every time.
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp onion flakes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- zest of 1 lime
- 1T lime juice
- Sea salt to season
- 15 prawns deveined and shelled
- 6 large taco shells
- olive oil
- ¼ head cos lettuce washed and thinly chopped
- ¼ head red cabbage washed and thinly chopped
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 green chilli
- coriander to garnish
- taco seasoning
- lime creme
- Mix all the ingredients together and lightly toast in a pan over medium heat to bring out the flavor.
- Set aside to cool before using on the prawns.
- Whisk the sour cream, zest and lime juice together.
- Season with sea salt and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat the oven to 180C
- Rinse the prawns and pat dry with paper towel. Rub the taco seasoning into the prawns and leave to marinate for 30 mins while prepping the rest of the ingredients.
- Dice the tomatoes, red onion and chilli and mix together with sea salt and the remaining lime juice from the lime creme preparation.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the prawns for 3 minutes until just opaque.
- Place the taco shells on a baking sheet upside down and heat in the oven for 7-8 minutes
- Assemble the tacos with the shredded cos and cabbage at the bottom followed by avocado and prawns then topped with the tomato salsa.
- Drizzle the lime creme over the top and scatter with coriander and serve with wedges of lime and extra lime creme.